- 1 pound Udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, plus a splash
- 3 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Chinese sesame paste
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste, or to taste
- Handful of fresh snow peas
- 1-2 diced fresh zucchini
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- dash of black sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until barely tender, about 5 minutes; they should retain a hint of chewiness. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again and toss with a splash of sesame oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil, the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame paste, peanut butter, sugar, ginger, garlic and chili-garlic paste.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl, and garnish with vegetables, sesame seeds and peanuts.