So excited to share with y'all some truly delicious looking vegetarian and fish recipes. Let's get cooking.
I wanted to share with y'all some good looking vegetarian/vegan recipes. Enjoy!
Y'all know by now that I love love love noodles whether it be semolina or soba or made from veggies I want it! I want to share some delicious looking recipes that highlight all things noodle!
I've been dying to try Oh My Veggie's recipe for African Peanut Soup for some time. It was worth the wait! It's a very delicious and easy soup to make! I used their recipe and tweaked it a bit to add more spice (I'm from New Orleans... gotta have that spice). I served my soup with crusty bread, but it would easily pear well with brown rice too.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of coconut milk (to cut down on fat I did one regular and one light)
- 1 whole diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 shallot clove, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 4 cups chopped sweet potato (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Berbere spice mix
- this is the breakdown Berbere spice mix: pinch of allspice, cinnamon, black pepper, ground turmeric, cayenne pepper (add more for taste), ground cumin, ground nutmeg. and a 1/4 tsp of fresh ginger.
- 3/4 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups of kale or spinach or chard, cut the leaves off the stems, and cut into 1-inch slivers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, for garnish
- Sauté the onion, celery, shallots, and garlic in 1 tablespoon of oil before adding the vegetable stock.
- Place the vegetable stock in a 3-quart pot over medium-high heat. Add all the remaining ingredients, except the peanut butter, kale, cilantro, and peanuts, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove about 1 cup of the liquid and place it into a small bowl. Add the peanut butter and stir until creamy. Return the mixture to the pot, stir well, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the kale/spinach/chard once the peanut butter has been added.
- Add the cilantro, stir well, and garnish with peanuts before serving.