Kimchi / Brussels Sprouts Fried Rice
for the Brussels Sprouts
- 4 cups — Shredded Brussel sprouts
- 2 tsp — Hoisin / soy sauce / miso paste mixture
- 1 tsp — Sriracha Sauce (or more if you’d like)
- 2 tsp — Sesame Seeds
- salt for taste
- 1.5 TBSP — Kimchi (cut into smaller pieces)
for the fried rice
- 1 cup — brown rice (cooked in the rice maker with 1 TBSP of coconut oil)
- 2 TBSP — Peanut Oil
- 2 — Garlic cloves (mince them)
- 1/4 Cup — Onion OR spring onion
- 2 tsp — Soy Sauce ((can always add more for taste))
- 1 tsp — Sesame Oil ((can always add more for taste))
- 1/2 Cup — Kimchi (cut into smaller pieces)
- 2 — fried eggs
- Make Rice and preheat oven to 350 F
- While the rice is cooking clean and cut the brussels sprouts, and then set them aside in a large bowl
- Make the sauce to marinate the brussels sprouts in. Combine the Hoisin mixture,Sriracha, Sesame seeds, salt, and kimchi together. Stir and then fold into the sprouts.
- On a baking sheet spray cooking oil (I lined mine with aluminum foil and used coconut oil). Spread the marinate brussels sprouts evenly on the baking sheet. Roast the sprouts for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a deep pan on the stove. Use medium-high heat to heat the peanut oil.
- Add the garlic and onions until fragrant ( about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the rice to the pan and the soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix everything together well.
- Use a spatula to flatten the rice against the pan, and keep still for 3-5 minutes so the rice can get crispy. Repeat this until the rice is evenly crispy. Also here you can add more soy sauce / sesame for taste.
- Mix in the roasted marinated brussels sprouts and kimchi. And continue frying until everything is well mixed together well.
- Place the fried rice into 2 bowls and top each off with a fried egg!